Friday, November 21, 2008

Reflection

Maybe I have said this before. Galileo was pretty sure the earth moved around the sun instead of opposite. (Insert the noise of chopping off someone's head, here.)

You could be "wrong," as you've stated, about a life path, passion or decision/choice. I guess you could only be truly "wrong" if you played out the years; the hundreds or thousands of years. Right in one time doesn't me "right" in another. (Time being a relative concept--talk to that bouncer at the Irish Bar for clarification.) You could be ahead of your time. You could be inches from the guillotine when they discover that the world really is INDEED round, and not flat. Call the bluff. The worst thing that could happen is being forgotten. The second worst: overdue emulation, a century or two later. Leave that worry to the next generation. I mean, look at Jesus. Still riding on his post-crucifix fame-- think of the staying power!

My only other offering is to commit. Commit to your choice, even it is for the day, the summer, six months or a year(s). Don't spend much time deliberating. The days unfold like "flower petals blooming"--you will see the whole picture in time. Allow for maturation and bloom, if the answer isn't immediately clear. Then, when you feel the impulse, the door opening while the train is moving--duck, jump and roll!

That is all I have. Sleep deprived, slightly delirious, the sunset over George's boat tattooed to the back of my eyelids. Enough said.

Almost. Love and miss you, A.

P.S. What I learned today from my cousin Gail: It's not me. It never was. (What a relief.)
In my own family, I found a soul sista. Ahh...

Scrubs joke: The only difference from a black girl and a white girl, is that when a black girl asks you if her ass is big, you say, "hell yeh!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss the sound of your voice, the structure of speech.